Friday, March 16, 2007

WREN Freo 2007

Okay this wasn't as flash as Florence. It was great to go... there were 5 of us from Horizon Power that turned up to either all of the conference or justs bits of it. It kicked of on sunday 4th in the Arvo with the screening of the Al Gore movie and debate. This was the 1st time I had sean the movie. Its a great flick.. well worth seeing - I did prefer going to the Al Gore dinner b4 Christmas and meeting Al so much more. He is a good storyteller and sending a great message to the world. Yes I sought of got to meet Al when he signed my copy of his book and I got to ask him how many PV's he had on his roof - none but working on it was the answer. After the movie there was a bbq and I caught up with friends I meet in Florence and made some new friends

The conference was the usual type with different sessions happening at the sametime so us Horizion lot did a divide and concure thing to cover as many of the sessions as we could. I love the buzz of these things and more so when I'm especially driven to making a change in the world and our use of energy.

One the last day I attended the PV workshop. This was great I learnt so much about PV and its application and future use in energy production... I even think I now know what is wrong with my power system running a new washing machine - but more on that saga once its all working ...

No comments: