Friday, May 19, 2006

Meandering on Mosell






What a great 4 day ride.... I started riding from Remich on the Mosel... this is south east of Luxembourg (ish)....

I have good wether for two days, almost hot... the next two days a little wet, but okay still.

It's hard to describe this part of the world... it is rolling hills, grapevines growing on very steep slopes, old old villages and flat cycling. It is very nice... U can spend the whole time drinking and eating and not riding at all if u want...

I met lots of interesting riders, but yes the grey nomads were out and about on there bikes. I had coffee bought for me in one town and lots of people saying hi and very happy...

Just needed other cyclists with me to enjoy the wine and riding...

To give u an idea of how easy the riding is I did 88kms on two days and was still camping at 4pm... I think the Mosel is better than the Rhien Ride... if u are after a coffe & wine & food cycle trip...

No comments: